Eligible applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of intent to inform the Bikeways Program of the organization’s interest in applying for Bikeways funding. The purpose of the letter of intent is to inform MDOT of the organization’s interest and provide guidance to the Bikeways staff on how many organizations will apply for funding. Letters of intent may also provide an opportunity for MDOT Bikeways staff to discuss the applicant’s project and ensure that key elements are included in the submitted application. Letters of intent may be submitted to MDOT by email from December 4, 2020 to April 2, 2021 at MDbikeways@mdot.maryland.gov. The letter of intent should include:
- Project Description (purposes, multimodal connections, affected neighborhoods and other relevant information)
- Physical Limits of Project
- Anticipated Total Project Estimate - The estimate does not have to be finalized. Estimates can be preliminary to reflect the anticipated costs of project tasks
- Anticipated Bikeways Funding Request Amount; and
- Contact information of likely project applicant including name, title, organization, email address and phone number.
Letter of Intent are no longer being accepted for the FY2021 grant cycle. Letters of Intent for the FY2022 grant cycle will be accepted between Friday, December 4th, 2020 and April 9th, 2021.